Nonprofits need to consider the application for state and local sales taxes, whether they are buying or selling goods and services. At 12:30 p.m. Eastern time December 4, attorneys in Venable, LLP's nonprofit practice will conduct a free Webinar that can help you make sure you are in compliance. This presentation will answer such questions as:
- Can my organization avoid paying sales tax on its purchases? If yes, how do we qualify? Aren’t the rules on this the same in every state?
- Are the goods or services that we sell subject to sales tax? If yes, when are we obligated to collect and remit sales tax to a state?
- If we’re selling to a purchaser in another state, do we still have to collect the sales tax? What are the implications of the 2018 Supreme Court decision in the Wayfair case for this question?
- If we sell products/services that are delivered via streaming or downloading, could they still be subject to sales tax?
- Our selling activity is limited to a few events a year (e.g., our annual fundraiser or trade show). Must we collect sales tax at those events?
- What happens if we don’t collect sales tax and we should be doing so? Are our customers the only ones who owe the tax, or is our organization also liable?
For more information and to register, click here.